Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Tree

Sketching people has been frustrating lately. But today I passed this tree standing perfectly still, with a sunset lit building behind it.


After scanning it I painted the building and sky behind it in photoshop (with a bloody mouse, as I didn't have my tablet with me)

Drawn and painted while listening to Medieval Songs of Love and Death by John Fleagle, you can listen to them for free at that link.

Also, an interesting observation on trees I heard yesterday in this interview with Darren Aronofsky:

He points out that trees are fountains moving very slowly, as they pull water and other things up from the ground and shoot them out in the form of branches and beautiful leaves that then fall down and decay at the base of the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home