Monday, November 06, 2006

Rebound

Update, here are some better renderings:




Whenever I browse Evans Library (which is fairly frequently), I'm always struck by how many beautiful old books there are. So today I pulled one off the shelf for the sole purpose of modeling it. I haven't really sat down and modeled something in years, but it was fairly successful, sort of a fast sketchy model in about 1/2 an hour. Modeled in Anim8or. (No textures) Rendered in 3ds Max 4. Anim8or doesn't render, so this was the first time I've ever lit and rendered something in max. I used to(6 years ago) always use bryce for rendering, but my computer is long since crashed.

The book, incidentally, is a 1880's oxford edition of the Ormulum, which wikipedia tells me is a "12th-century work of Biblical exegesis".

I modeled some new (and worn) pages, but unfortunatly I'm having problems importing:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home