Monday, September 01, 2008

the treehouse tree #2



I gave this to my sister Bethanie for her birthday. There is another drawing of it here.
These are some thoughts I wrote after drawing it:

Once again I realize that I must draw as a person and not as a machine, that choosing a point of view from which to draw the tree is important, and that I can draw this tree much better then other trees because I know it, and I know it because I love it. (I grew up in, under and around it). Or perhaps I love it because I know it. Can you know truly with out also loving?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paz said...

Perhaps when you know some things is when you stop loving them

9/01/2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger Marks of Faith said...

The Greek word for 'Know' can be translated 'love.' Depending on your translation of the Bible in Genesis it says, "Adam knew his wife and she conceived." Well, we aren't talking about an intellectual knowledge here. Adam loved Eve he set his love upon her and she conceived. So, in a very real and biblical sense there are times when to love and to know are one in the same.

7/27/2009 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home