Tuesday, April 08, 2008

moleskinnings


Inspired by Arkady Roytham's beautiful sketchbooks and Mark Kennedy's inciteful sketching exhortations (parts 1,2,3 and 4 they are well worth a read!) I've started sketching all the more. I picked up a small moleskine at B&N but it was already full 5 days later, but it's great because they fit in my jeans pocket. I also started keeping a sketchbook on my dashboard to sketch at lights and in traffic. That way when I'm in houston at 5:30pm it's a win-win situation. Drawing cars also seems to be a way to learn design. You get inside the designer's head, why this line? See how this mirrors that. I suppose it's the same with nature too.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cecelia said...

Very interesting. Your zombies made me think of people going off to work each morning, most of them feeling like zombies from having to get up so early.
Your growing amount of sketching sounds great. I went with company to eat at Rudy's yesterday. They ate and I was using my sketchbook to teach them to draw faces!
Did you see the announcement for the 19th Worldwide Sketch Crawl? It's on their website and I added it on my blog. It will be June 21. I'll let you know more later.

4/14/2008 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home